Each film coated tablet contains:
Diclofenac potassium……………….. 50/100mg
Diclofenac potassium tablets are indicated for:
Treatment of primary dysmenorrhea
- Relief of mild to moderate pain
- Relief of signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Diclofenac potassium tablets are contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to diclofenec. The drug should not be given to patients who have experienced asthma, urticaria or allergic type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDS
- NSAIDS including Diclofenac potassium can lead to onset of new hypertension or worsening of pre-existing hypertension.
- Diclofenac potassium should be used with caution in patients with fluid retention, oedema or heart failure.
- NSAIDS, including Dilofenac potassium can cause serious gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events including inflammation, bleeding, ulceration and perforation of the intestine.
- Some skin adverse events like exfoliative dermatitis, Steven-Johnson syndrome have been reported for NSAIDS, including Diclofenac potassium.
Diclofenac potassium should not be administered concurrently with Aspirin, cyclosporine, ACE inhibitors and warfarin
For treatment of pain or primary dysmenorrhea, the recommended dosage is 50mg three times daily after meals.
For the relief of Osteoarthritis, the recommended daily dosage is100 to 150mg in divided doses. (50mg twice daily or 50mg three times daily)
For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis, the recommended dosage is 150 to 200mg / day in divided doses (50mg twice daily or 50mg three times daily)